Spatial Media creates digital tools that help people engage with the future.
- Through digital engagement assets that articulate the story of a project, audiences are empowered to understand, interact with, and share the vision of their future place.
- We're a relatively flat-structured small-to-medium business born out of a want to do things differently.
- If you want to work where your voice and talent are valued then we think you'll like working here.
- Our team is globally distributed, but the majority of us are in Australia and Canada.
- We are seeking a full stack developer to help develop the next version of our Community Analytics platform.
- Live out your fullstack dream job by joining a small team working remotely throughout Canada and the world creating complex custom user focused tools built on developer friendly frameworks.
- We are seeking a full stack developer with deep Laravel experience (preferably Winter CMS and / or October CMS) and ideally Vue.js & TailwindCSS experience as well; with a passion for creating incredible user experiences.
- We have clear bonus and ESOP structures in place to keep things fun and relaxed and foster a culture where everyone has an equal voice and influence.
- We all catch up a few times throughout the year to get together for some laughs over good food and cold beverages.
- Sound like you? Send us a fun cover letter and let's have a chat!
What you'll do
- Work from home during hours that suit you to develop custom frontend (public) and backend (admin UI) experiences with Winter CMS, Laravel, & Vue.js
- You will be creating and maintaining custom content editor tools for creating and editing pages, maps, forms, email campaigns, and WebGL-based products
- There is an opportunity to expand your skill set and work with tools like Mapbox and A-Frame to develop immersive mapping, 3D-on-the-web, and AR/VR experiences
- Follow documented git and agile-inspired workflows, including daily check-ins on Slack, issues tracked on Jira, and commits / PRs via Github
- Assist with developing internal documentation, bug fixing, and QA testing
- You'll be supported by lead developers and senior mentors who will work with you to leverage the best of your strengths
What we're looking for
- Must: a fast, reliable internet connection
- Ideal: Strong portfolio of Winter CMS / October CMS / Laravel work. Please link to at least two projects (personal or paid) that demonstrate your experience.
- Ideal: Strong portfolio of Vue.js work. Please link to at least two projects (personal or paid) that demonstrate your experience
- Nice-to-have: A solid understanding of design principles — balance, type treatment, and colour theory Nice-to-have: experience with A-Frame JS or three.js
- Nice-to-have: experience with Mapbox's GL JS API Bonus: experience with 3D tools (e.g. Blender, Unity, etc)
What we offer
- Work from home at hours that suit you, as long as you attend required meetings and complete your tasks
- Office equipment (computers, monitors, etc) will be provided as required
- A flat anti-corporate company structure — your voice is always valued
- Budget for professional development (webinars, online courses, books, and more)
- We'll pay your way to attend face-to-face catch-ups with the team a few times a year
- ESOP and bonus eligibility after 12 months — we want you to feel like an integral part of the success and growth of the company
- Opportunities for working-holiday arrangements between Australia and North America, with other locations available for consideration
- Opportunities for working on open source projects
- If you're in Canada we have robust health plans available
We appreciate everyone who takes an interest in roles with Spatial Media however we will only be contacting people who are successful in gaining an interview for the position.