Why you'll love this role
- You'll be taking ownership of significant feature implementations.
- You'll be working autonomously to help build our cloud based 3D platform.
- Say goodbye to legacy hell, you'll be working in a brand new code-base.
- You'll be working from home with flexible hours that suit you.
- You'll be involved in high and low level decision making.
- You'll be supported by a small close-knit team.
- Learning and adapting to new technologies is our bread and butter.
- We are always keen to learn from each other.
- You won't be tied down by corporate processes.
Some interesting tech we are using daily:
- Shader Graph
- VFX Graph
Things you need in order to apply
- Must have:
- Proficiency with the Unity game engine.
- Strong understanding of C# / .Net framework.
- A strong portfolio of work demonstrating coding ability.
- Experience with version control.
- Nice to have:
- Experience writing multi-threaded code.
- Experience with XR technologies and mobile platforms.
- Experience with any new unity technologies (ECS, HDRP, Shader Graph).
- Experience with web technologies (especially WebGL/ThreeJS).
- Basic understanding of dev ops work-flows.
- Basic understanding of 3D modelling/texturing and artist work-flows (3ds Max/Blender, Photoshop etc).
About Spatial Media
We're a creative, passionate team working remotely throughout Australia and Canada on 3D visualisation, web and emerging technology solutions. We have clear bonus structures in place, like to keep things fun and relaxed, and foster a culture where everyone has equal voice and influence. We all catch up in-person a few times throughout the year to get together for some laughs over good food and cold beverages.
Spatial Media is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us.
We appreciate everyone who takes an interest in roles with Spatial Media however we will only be contacting people who are successful in gaining an interview for the position.
Our core beliefs
Remote work FTW
You know when and where you work best — we won’t prescribe that to you. Besides, we don’t have an office!
We don’t sit still and are always looking for an opportunity to deliver the best outcomes.
Anti-corporate by design
If you’re looking for a highly structured corporate office environment, we’re not for you.
People over product
We know it’s the talent and effort of our people who drive our success and reputation, so you’re our number one.
We’re shaping the future
Our tools and outputs help give the community a voice on what’s next, and we think that’s pretty neat.
Just some of the perks
RDOs, flexible leave and bonuses
Enjoy quarterly RDOs, flexible leave policies, and an annual bonus pool for all of our crew.
We’ll fly you in twice a year to meet up with your co-workers, discuss some work, but also have some fun!
No commuting to work
Don’t waste two hours a day stuck in traffic when you could rock your PJs at home all day instead.
Equipment and knowledge provided
We’ll provide you with the hardware and software you need to get the job done, including upskill training.
And what about you?
We’re looking for people who have a similar mindset to us, but who are also willing to challenge us to push further or in different directions. In our experience, that means you have these qualities:
You want to step up to the next challenge and help grow the team, the product and the success of the company.
We’re on this journey together, and you are passionate about raising your own bar, but also our collective bar, too.