We are seeking an Australian-based (or nearby timezone) UI developer with robust Vue.js and WebGL (three.js, etc) experience with a passion for creating incredible user experiences. We have clear bonus and ESOP structures in place, like to keep things fun and relaxed, and foster a culture where everyone has equal voice and influence. We all catch up a few times throughout the year to get together for some laughs over good food and cold beverages.
Sound like you? Send us a fun cover letter and let's have a chat!
About the role
- Work from home during hours that suit you to develop custom frontend (public) and backend (admin UI) experiences with Vue.js, three.js, A-Frame and Mapbox GL JS
- You will be creating and maintaining WebGL-driven virtual rooms and editor tools through packages like three.js and A-Frame, as well as dynamic Mapbox maps and editor tools with the Mapbox GL JS APIs
- Develop components and overall product modules for page builders, content editors, map editors and media managers
- Follow documented git and agile-inspired workflows, including daily checkins on Slack and documenting, committing and updating issues on Github
- Assist with developing internal documentation, bug fixing and QA testing
- You'll be supported by lead developers and senior mentors who will work with you to leverage the best of your strengths
Things you need in order to apply
- Must: strong portfolio of Vue.js/three.js work is. Please link to at least two projects (personal or paid) that demonstrate your experience
- Must: A solid understanding of design principles — balance, type treatment and colour theory
- Must: a fast, reliable internet
- Nice-to-have: experience with A-Frame JS
- Nice-to-have: experience with Mapbox's GL JS API
- Bonus: experience with 3D tools (e.g. Blender, Unity, etc)
- Bonus: Experience with PHP, and specifically Laravel
A bit about us
We're a relatively flat-structured small-to-medium business born out of a want to do things differently. If you want to work where your voice and talent is valued then we think you'll like working here. Our team is globally distributed, but the majority of us are in Australia and Canada.
Spatial Media is committed to maintaining a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status will receive consideration for employment. If you have any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please notify us so we can provide suitable accommodation.
We appreciate everyone who takes an interest in roles with Spatial Media however we will only be contacting people who are successful in gaining an interview for the position.