Spatial Media creates digital tools that help people engage with the future.
- Through digital engagement assets that articulate the story of a project, audiences are empowered to understand, interact and share the vision of their future place.
- We're a relatively flat-structured small-to-medium business born out of a want to do things differently.
- If you want to work where your voice and talent are valued then we think you'll like working here.
- Our team is globally distributed, but the majority of us are in Australia and Canada. We are now seeking a product designer to join us on our ambitious mission.
- As our product designer for Spatial Media, you will help us lay the foundation for our new enterprise SaaS platform. You will work on Community Analytics (CA) which is a powerful stakeholder engagement tool used by government and private clients.
- Feelings, not just Figma. To us, product design is more than wireframes and prototypes. It’s about having deep empathy for our clients, understanding their needs, and translating that into a functional and delightful online experience.
- Are you a design professional who is ready to solve complex business challenges through creativity and experimentation? Your days will not be boring!
What you'll do
- Work with the product manager and developers to create a library of components that we can use to scale up our product development.
- Build click-through wireframes and mock-ups for new features and improve the existing ones based on primary and secondary research.
- Build functional prototypes to validate and test your design assumptions by conducting inexpensive experiments.
- Communicate research insights and UI/UX initiatives through both written and verbal channels to stakeholders in the company.
- Bring a strong and evidence-based opinion to all design decisions. Ask smart questions, take risks, and champion new ideas.
What we're looking for
- 4+ years of design experience, 2+ in B2B space.
- Can work with a product manager to take an idea from conception to requirements to a set of wireframes and user flows that can be handed off to the developers.
- Can spin up quick designs and clickable prototypes on relatively short notice using Figma or a prototyping tool of your choice.
- Exceptional communication skills - able to convince, debate, and learn (strong beliefs; loosely held).
- Knows the fundamentals of creating landing pages and extracting value out of experiments.
- Demonstrate humility, curiosity, versatility, and creativity.
What we offer
- Work from home at hours that suit you, as long as you attend required meetings and complete your tasks
- Office equipment (computers, monitors, etc) will be provided as required
- A flat anti-corporate company structure — your voice is always valued
- Budget for professional development (webinars, online courses, books, and more)
- We'll pay your way to attend face-to-face catch-ups with the team a few times a year
- ESOP and bonus eligibility after 12 months — we want you to feel like an integral part of the success and growth of the company
- Opportunities for working-holiday arrangements between Australia and North America, with other locations available for consideration
- If you're in Canada we have a robust health plan available
Our core beliefs
Remote work FTW
You know when and where you work best — we won’t prescribe that to you. Besides, we don’t have an office!
We don’t sit still and are always looking for an opportunity to deliver the best outcomes.
Anti-corporate by design
If you’re looking for a highly structured corporate office environment, we’re not for you.
People over product
We know it’s the talent and effort of our people who drive our success and reputation, so you’re our number one.
We’re shaping the future
Our tools and outputs help give the community a voice on what’s next, and we think that’s pretty neat.
Just some of the perks
RDOs, flexible leave and bonuses
Enjoy quarterly RDOs, flexible leave policies, and an annual bonus pool for all of our crew.
We’ll fly you in twice a year to meet up with your co-workers, discuss some work, but also have some fun!
No commuting to work
Don’t waste two hours a day stuck in traffic when you could rock your PJs at home all day instead.
Equipment and knowledge provided
We’ll provide you with the hardware and software you need to get the job done, including upskill training.
For our Canadian friends, we provide generous healthcare coverage for you and your family.
And what about you?
We’re looking for people who have a similar mindset to us, but who are also willing to challenge us to push further or in different directions. In our experience, that means you have these qualities:
You want to step up to the next challenge and help grow the team, the product and the success of the company.
We’re on this journey together, and you are passionate about raising your own bar, but also our collective bar, too.